[Newbies] Scamper and Squeak-4.3

Casey ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Fri May 4 21:07:02 UTC 2012

Top post.

If you ever find yourself feeling particularly ambitious, the siren's song is here:

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/962

I often drop by this page. If we had a web browser written in Smalltalk, I could drop most of my operating system and live in Squeak all the time; go full screen and forget about the rest of the world's software tangle. It's the only piece that's really missing, but it's a huuuuuuuuuuge piece.

A "modern" web browser is presently more code than what we called "operating systems" when I was a child. Just a very tall mountain to climb. It's too big a project to do without other folks who want it pitching in or a boatload of cash to hire a team and get it done, so my attention is always available to anyone who yearns for such a thing.