[Newbies] Monticello Copy vs Save

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Oct 4 22:09:05 UTC 2012

Hi Jeff,

> Which of these is considered the standard way of using Monticello.  Or
> should I be doing something completely different? Is trying to map "hg
> push" onto Monticello completely wrong-headed?  Please let me know and
> I will keep trying to soldier on.

copy and a second save differ in that the next save gives you the next
version number but zero changes. I assume two different versions from
the same author with a zero diff only will create confusion.

That said, I'm no expert and cannot vouch for a standard way. I always
save to my local repository and then directly copy to the other repos,
mainly because it's very convenient this way. I don't have to add more
than one repository to every package because copy will offer all known
repositories.

Curious if others do it different.

Cheers

Herbert