[Newbies] Running Squeak on Mac OS X fails due to damaged file.

Raymond Asselin jgr.asselin at me.com
Thu Sep 25 21:36:40 UTC 2014

Following the suggestion of Levente I propose this text for the website.
=================
Beginner
Download the Squeak All-In-One.Unzip and double click. Works on any operating system.
(1)Problem on OSX when attempting to launch Squeak All-in-One.

(1) Beginning with OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) there is a new security feature called Gatekeeper. Gatekeeper is enabled by default and prevents applications distributed outside of the Mac App Store from launching.
Launching such application results in the error: "<Application> is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

The workaround
	• Open Gatekeeper settings located in "System Preferences > Security & Privacy"
	• On the "General" panel set "Allow applications downloaded from:" to "Anywhere" and confirm by pressing "Allow From Anywhere"
	• Download, unpack and run the Squeak All-in-One application.
	• Once an application is successfully launched, it no longer goes through Gatekeeper. (this is not true for OSX 10.9.5 as I tried to restore Gatekeeper setting and tried to decompress and run a new instance of Squeak All-in-One and  I got the error: ….is damaged…etc)
	•  Thus you can restore Gatekeeper settings to the default option "Mac App Store and identified developers" after successfully launching the profiler but you'll have to bypass it again the next time you download an all-in-one from Squeak site.