[Newbies] Re: How to reopen a collapsed Morph from another Morph?

Mateusz Grotek unoduetre at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Aug 15 21:53:58 UTC 2015

Dnia 14.08.2015 11:02:14, Fredrik Alink napisał(a):
> Mateusz Grotek wrote
> > Will your project be available on SqueakSource3?
>
> Tell me about SqueakSource3, where can I find it? As soon as it's
> running
> again, for sure I can make it available.
>
> By the way, I have Squeak 4.4, should I go to 4.5?
>

> --

IMHO if there is nothing in your project which needs 4.4, you can move
directly 5.0. To get it just go to http://squeak.org, click on the
Download button, unzip, go to the unzipped directory and run either
squeak.sh (on Linux),  Squeak-5.0-All-in-One.app (on Mac) or squeak.bat
(on Windows). That's all.

SqueakSource3 is a code repository (like github) for Monticello (an
equivalent of git or svn). To use it go to: http://ss3.gemstone.com,
click Register Member in the left panel and follow the instructions.
After registering yourself you can register your project in the left
panel. To use it in Squeak run Tools->Monticello browser. Click
+Repository and fill the template (remember to change
www.squeaksource.com to ss3.gemstone.com). After adding the repository
you can add your package (+Package). The rules are simple:
1. All class categories which start with the name of a package belong
to the package (e.g. Kernel-Chronology and Kernel-Exceptions class
categories belong to the package Kernel).
2. Besides class categories you can add methods to classes from other
packages. To make them belong to your package you have to prepend the
protocol name with * (e.g. *System-Finalization protocol is a part of
the System package, despite it being in the Object class). To see an
example browse the class Object.

To read more about Monticello see e.g. section 6.3 of
http://squeakbyexample.org/SBE.pdf . Some, probably a bit outdated
documentation is also available here:
http://www.wiresong.ca/monticello/v1/docs/ .

If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.
Mateusz