[Newbies] Re: How to reopen a collapsed Morph from another Morph?

Fredrik Alink falink at free.fr
Wed Aug 19 08:40:13 UTC 2015

Mateusz Grotek wrote
> It's hard to tell what is wrong without interacting with your code. If
> you can put your code to SqueakSource3 then I or someone else might be
> able to help you. The only suggestion that comes to my mind by looking
> at the example above is that you can not only remove your console
> morph, but also the CollapsedMorph. Besides that, imho it's better to
> use the self delete, than to do things like self currentWorld
> removeMorph: self. In this way you can just do: morph delete.
> collapsedMorph delete. Nevertheless it's just a wild guess and I cannot
> tell anything without interacting with your app.
>
> Best wishes,
> Mateusz

I want to thank all for thinking about the problem with me. It was of much
help. And 'morph delete' works fine.

Since the MainConsole is not a part of my model - I just created it to play
with it for a better understanding of Morph (see my first message, Morph is
new for me) - I won't put anymore efforts in it, so no automatic collapse.

As soon as my model runs, I'll put my code on SqueakSource3, but that might
last a while ....., say months.

Regards,
Fredrik