[Newbies] FileDirectory exists: returns false for GPIO RasPi

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Jan 28 14:51:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to use the GPIO on the Raspberry Pi.

After I export a GPIO before setting its direction I need to wait until
all Folders and files of the GPIO pin are created.
I try this with:
FileDirectory default fileExists '/fullPathToTheGpio/direction'
This never returns true.

Any hint on how to find out when I can start writing to the file?

I I just wait 3 seconds before writing to the pin for the first time it
works. Subsequent writes work instantly.

Thanks,

Herbert