[Newbies] Squeak 5 on Raspberry Pi

Euan Mee euanmee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 18:10:15 UTC 2015

I'll try that this time (I had saved the zip to a mounted network
drive the first time).

Yep - all working now.  And so *fast* (I have it running next to
Pharo, which is unusable slow as a GUI.  Whereas Squeak 5 is zipping
along at Windows desktop speeds on the Pi (Model B).

sudo chown -R pi mySqueakDirectory recursively changed the ownership
of the folder (called 'mySqueakDirectory' and all its sub-folders and
files

sudo (to do work as the superuser)
chown (to change ownership of the folder and its contents)
-R to (to recursively change the ownership of the folder and all its
files, and the sub-folders and all their files)
pi to change the ownership to be belonging to Raspbian user account 'pi'
mySqueakDirectory  ( Alternatively ./mySqueakDirectory    the name of
the directory that Squeak
is installed in