[Newbies] An Error Preference?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 22:59:23 UTC 2016

Are you sure you're in the method-entry pane and not the
class-definition pane?  You ahve to select a method or method-category
to enter a new method.

Teh other possibility is you have a bad character in the text.  If so,
I would just delete all that text and re-type your code.  Select
"cancel" on the text menu.  Or, you could press Command+a followed by
Backspace.