[Newbies] How to create a TextMorph with Text containing links

Christian Kellermann ckeen at pestilenz.org
Fri Sep 14 14:56:17 UTC 2018

Hi List!

I want to program a gopher client in squeak and I am a bit stuck
on how to do the rendering.  I got the hint that I could use a
TextMorph since there links are a text attribute.

However I am a bit clueless on how this is supposed to fit together.

What I did atm was that for gopher menus I have an OrderedCollection of MenuItems.
Those in turn have implemented their #asText methods. For links I
am returning TextURL objects there.

This is all collected in a GopherPage's #asText method where said
orderedCollection is #join'ed together.

As it turns out though, the TextMorph will render my URL as if the
#printOn: message has been sent to it.  TextURLs will show up in
the TextMorph as 'a TextURL'. My guess is that the #join is responsible
for this.

How am I supposed to add URLs into Text?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.