[Newbies] Introduction into OSProcess

Christoph Thiede christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Aug 3 17:50:44 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am trying to run a simple shell command using OSProcess:

ExternalWindowsOSProcess command: 'taskmgr.exe'

I'm afraid it "does not work", so after evaluating this expression, no
window opens and also no icon appears in the systray. If I open cmd.exe and
type taskmgr.exe there, taskmgr opens.

However, the following works as expected:

ExternalWindowsOSProcess command: 'notepad.exe'

Using absolute paths did not change the behavior.

I installed the latest OSProcess version via SqueakMap. Is this a bug, or is
it me? Thanks in advance!

Christoph

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-Beginners-f107673.html