[Newbies] Introduction into OSProcess

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 00:44:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am new in here and to Squeak in general.

To me OSProcess works in MacOS and FreeBSD (Linux emulation).

I don't have a Windows machine to try unfortunately.

This is a list of working examples (in my operating systems), maybe try
to run something similar in Windows. I guess the equivalent of "ls" is
"dir".

"in this case we want to take the output from an external program"
p := PipeableOSProcess command: 'ls -la'.
commandOutput := p output.
commandOutput.

"in this case you don't take the output, just run a program."
p := OSProcess command: 'ls -la'.

"In FreeBSD (Linux emulation) it works, open Emacs in a GUI."
p := OSProcess command: 'emacs'.

bye
Nicola