[Newbies] #Schedule - How to Use?

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri Jun 28 01:33:52 UTC 2019

I’ve been away from Squeak for a long time but I don’t think Schedule does what you want.  I browsed the code a bit and it seems to be more about /storing/ a schedule rather than /executing/ one.

John Pierce wrote a package called Scheduler which I used with great success many (many) years ago.  The SqueakMap entry still exists but the file links are dead.  I have attached my latest version of that package.  I tried it out in Squeak 5.2 and it seemed to work but I can’t make any promises.  I don’t think it will have the same problems as a long Delay since its main loop seems to check for runnable tasks every 1/4 second.

The SqueakMap page has some docs: http://map.squeak.org/package/cb344d5b-c810-45cd-a440-534d900aacfd <http://map.squeak.org/package/cb344d5b-c810-45cd-a440-534d900aacfd>

BTW, to load the MCZ you can use the File List (under Tools).

Best,

David