[Newbies] OI screenshot Telegram install

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu May 27 10:43:04 UTC 2021

Hi David,

it is great to hear that you are interested in my bot! :-) From your description you did everything right so far, now you would need to do the remaining steps from the self-hosting instructions:

2. Send a Telegram message to @BotFather (https://t.me/BotFather) to register your very own bot. He will send you a secret bot token.

3. To start a bot instance, open a Workspace and do the following:

	bot := TelegramSmalltalkBot withToken: '<your_bot_token>'.
	bot spawnNewProcess.

Now your bot instance should be running and should be able to send it a message from your Telegram account!

As a reminder, if you do not want that everyone from all over the world has access to your bot, you should define an allow-list of chat IDs. You can do this after you have send at least one message to your bot instance. After that, the simplest way to define the allow-list is to run the following in the same workspace window:

	chatIds := (bot instVarNamed: 'sessions') keys.
	Smalltalk at: #TBTestBotChatIds put: chatIds.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask them. :-)

Best,
Christoph