[Newbies] easy peasy recursion on a CustomHelpTopic

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Sep 1 19:13:44 UTC 2021

Hi Folks,

|recurse|

Transcript clear.

recurse := [:help |

help pages do:[:each | | v |

each asString first isUppercase

ifTrue:[recurse value: (Smalltalk at: each)]

ifFalse:[

v := help perform: each.

Transcript show: each; cr.

Transcript show: v title ; cr.

Transcript show: v contents; cr]]].

recurse	 value:PostgresV3Help

straight out of the Terse Guide Factorial.

What this means, is that I can now get the existing CustomHelp content up into other formats using XTreams parsing and then from those other formats back to CustomHelp.

heck,,with a little bit of modification, I can have that thing output to Org mode for emacs easy peasy.

I will work on that tomorrow or this weekend.

Then, I have to do the reverse and create CustomHelp from various markupsĀ

cheers,