[Newbies] Newbie question

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Dec 2 00:52:04 UTC 2022

Hi Pete,

I had hoped we would have fixed most of these issues in the Squeak 6.0 release. Could you please confirm that you are not using an older version of Squeak?

As an adhoc measure, you could use the Do menu in the world main docking bar and choose "Close all debuggers", which sometimes works. It depends on whether new debuggers are appearing all the time (frequently invoking Close all debuggers a few up to a few dozens times might be successful), or whether exactly one debugger appears in the moment you close/abandon another debugger. In the latter case, manually terminating or destroying the process through the process browser might be worth a try.

In general, if you could share a screenshot of the debuggers plus your workspace code with us, there would be a chance to fix a bug in Squeak or to provide you with better assistance. :-)

Best,
Christoph