[Box-Admins] updating source.squeakfoundation.org

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Jul 11 04:49:11 UTC 2006

Ok, here is roughly what I did to set up the current installation at
http://source.squeakfoundation.org .

- Created a SqueakSource-sqf image according to the instructions on
the wiki page of the "SqueakSource-SqF" project at http://
source.squeakfoundation.org.
- Also used SSGenericFrame>>makeLogo: to import the banner graphic
into the image. (you could copy the existing graphic from the webpage)
- Mmm, you might also have to add SSRepository to the standard list
of Squeak "startup" items so that SSRepository class>>startUp is
automatically called when the image is started.  (Or maybe that is
already taken care of by the install, I don't remember.)
- ftp the image/changes to squeaksource at box2.squeakfoundation.org.  I
assume you have access to that account (via ssh), if not, Ken could
set that up.
- ssh to the box2 account and start up the image with this command:
"squeakvm SqueakSource-sqf.image &".

So, you would do something like the above, except install your new
version of SqueakSource in step one.  (You'll probably want to keep
the old image on the server as a backup also.)

I never got around to running tightvnc to open/debug the image on the
server, which would be very helpful.  I think Ken was going to look
into that, he may have more info on getting that going.

- Doug