[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] license related changes on Mantis server

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed May 21 16:03:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 17:25 -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
> On 20-May-08, at 1:23 PM, Ken Causey wrote:
> > Should I just write up my own notice or would you like to provide
> > specific text?
>
> Hmm, I guess we should discuss this at tomorrow's board meeting and
> let you know. Suggestions from the wider community are welcome of
> course.
>
> I'll start the ball rolling with "Hey You! Read this NOW. Any code
> submitted to this Mantis system as a fix or suggested fix for the
> Squeak core system must be offered under the terms of the MIT license
> <-link. Code entered here in the Description, Additional Information
> or Notes, or uploaded as a file, is assumed to be so licensed"

If the Board would like me to, I could attend.  But I think it is
probably sufficient if the everyone on the Board has an opportunity to
give any opinions on the issue, as already discussed via email, and then
continue to delegate to you.  I suspect that between the two of us (you
can bring the 'crazy' and I will bring the 'boring') we can hash it out.

I'm not sure of the desired schedule on this but I would like to request
the opportunity to upgrade both PHP and Mantis on the server before
doing this.  One of the problems with doing something like this is
having to maintain it as we upgrade Mantis.  For that reason I would
prefer to do the upgrade prior to the changes.  And for that matter I
have at least a change or two I will already have to port.

Given that I want to also go ahead and upgrade PHP as well I would like
some time to do some testing and would request about a two week schedule
on completing the upgrades and adding the first version of license
notification support.