[Box-Admins] Permissions

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Feb 4 21:19:54 UTC 2011

We already have this in some sense.  Most individual projects are setup
under their own home directories and to administer them it is generally
sufficient to have access to the individual account, not superuser
access.  For example the webteam manages the website without superuser
access and release teams can update the ftp site generally without
superuser access.  So for example if someone wanted to volunteer to work
on bugs.squeak.org it would probably suffice to give them access to the
mantis user account.

That said the use of sudo has been brought up before and it is worth
looking into.  My grand plans to setup new servers included every
intention of making liberal use of sudo.  But I simply haven't gotten
around to it.  I would welcome any insights anyone has on configuring
sudo for our purposes.

Ken