[Box-Admins] Looks healthier now

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Oct 29 15:45:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 11:37:45AM -0400, Chris Cunnington wrote:
> I'm not sure what happened but the response time for
> http://www.squeakci.org looks quite acceptable.
> I don't know why that is, exactly. Perhaps David did something over the
> weekend. Or the efforts we put into place last week have cleared up the
> situation. The logs files are rolling over to newer ones. The log files
> are not stuffed with requests trying to use us as an open proxy. The
> situation certainly looks healthier now.

I did not do anything that would affect overall performance, although
I did set the squeak VM build job to run at low priority to avoid
impacting the interactive web server. I also have a moderately effective
watchdog process (running in the Squeak image) that kills the VM if
it gets stuck part way through a VM build. Hopefully that will
prevent runaway images in the future, but I'll need to keep an
eye on it for a while.

As of this morning the InterpreterVM job seems to be working fairly
well. Check out http://box3.squeak.org/job/InterpreterVM/