[Box-Admins] Re: SqueakSource

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 20:18:19 UTC 2013

Hi!  Ok so there are a couple of questions and potential answers brewing.
 How to host?  Where to host?

David Lewis expressed that we should recover the actual SS instance and
stabilize it.  This may include bringing it up to a more modern,
Cog-supported Squeak image.  I am working on doing this for
source.squeak.org and so I hope that effort can overlap this one.

This is why I will also be pressing you with questions about latest Seaside
-- right now the old SS is running on Seaside 2, not 3.

Based on this revitalization experience, we can decide whether we want to:

  - make it totally read-only
  - give up and port it to SqueakSource3 running on GemStone.

Then there is the question of hosting.  It sounds like we may have a couple
of options between Robert Hirschfeld's group and the servers provided for
Squeak by the SFC.  Wonderful!

Until the revitalization work is done, we may just have to endure
restarting it occasionally.

Everyone please chime in.  Is this a good plan?

 - Chris