[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] Release 4.4?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 08:20:04 UTC 2013

On 4 February 2013 00:52, Colin Putney <colin at wiresong.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Hm, first I've heard of that. Where is it?
>>

> http://ftp.squeak.org/current_stable/

I hadn't known about these guys. current_stable now points to 4.4. I
would make current_development point to 4.5alpha but the updates user
can't make directories in /var/www/files/.

Oh, I see ln is being tricky. current_stable remains unchanged,
pointing to 4.3, because it has decided to change the owner of the
file but not update the link (presumably because updates doesn't have
permission:

updates at box2:/var/www/files$ ln -s 4.4 test
ln: creating symbolic link `test' to `4.4': Permission denied

So, what I need is this:
* a new directory 4.5alpha (I'm just following the existing
convention; I don't see massive value in a separate alpha dir, but I
won't fight)
* current_stable -> 4.4
* current_development -> 4.5alpha

trunk points to current_development so shouldn't need updating.

frank