[Box-Admins] Long running build process on build.squeak.org?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sun Jan 13 19:10:38 UTC 2013

Roughly every day or two I login to box3 and check things out and check
for package updates.  With rare exception the system is quiet, I check
for updates, apply any found, and move on.  But today I find this (from
ps auwx)

jenkins  29126 99.7  2.3 1054380 24552 ?       R    03:20 1000:40
/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/CogVM/tmp/lib/squeak/4.0-2636/squeak
-vm-sound-null -vm-display-null
/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/SqueakTrunkOnBleedingEdgeCog/target/TrunkImage.image
/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/Sq

As you can see this has used 1000+ minutes of CPU time (which is less
than the actual running time).  I've not seen this before on the server.
  Is it perhaps the result of a new build project and expected?  Or an
actual problem?  Out of caution and since the system is already busy I
haven't checked for package updates yet today (I think the last time I
did so was Friday).