[Box-Admins] Slowness of source.squeak.org

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Nov 4 19:49:56 UTC 2013

On 11/02/2013 04:02 PM, Chris Muller wrote:

> I don't know how to restart it.  I tried killing the process by pid
> but it said "Operation not permitted".  Who has sudo access on this
> box?

User_Alias	ADMINS=kencausey, colinputney, gorankrampe, bertfreudenberg,\
  chrismuller, craig, leventeuzonyi, ceesdegroot, randalschwartz,\
  chriscunnington

As you will note that includes you.  Perhaps the problem is your password?

This system is the first one I setup sudo on and just expediently
started listing users, not really considering that there may be other
options.  On the other servers I instead enabled it for all users in the
sudo group and instead add users to the group.  I've had little reason
to re-evaluate this on box2 and haven't bothered to change it.

I was considering restarting source.squeak.org myself but I saw you were
logged in so I didn't want to interfere with anything you might be
doing.  I'll assume that I'm free to restart it, however I need to check
that it appears the image on the filesystem is not corrupted first.
Also I would like to check things first, so it may be a bit before I
restart it.