[Box-Admins] Does source.squeak.org have the socket leak problem?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Oct 3 14:51:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 05:33:31PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 2013-10-02, at 17:17, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> > Would you mind putting a copy of the image and changes files for source.squeak.org
> > on box3 so I can take a look at it (I don't have access to box2)? Thanks.
>
> Done: ~bertfreudenberg/

I tried exporting the squeaksource.com repository from a copy of the old
image that has the socket leak problem, and I imported it into a copy of
the newer source.squeak.org image. The export and import process takes
some time, but based on a few minutes playing around with the resulting
image on my PC at home, it seems to work just fine.

This looks much too easy, what's the catch?  ;-)

I will be traveling for a few days, so I'm not going to make any radical
changes to the real squeaksource running on box3. But unless I'm missing
something, it seems like moving the squeaksource.com repository into
the newer image is a no-brainer. So I'll plan to do that some time next
week.