[Box-Admins] The status of things

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Oct 8 19:03:21 UTC 2013

First I have to say that I'm sorry. I've clearly failed to provide the
level of service that the box-admins team leader should provide and that
I said I would provide.

The situation is that I have my own set of problems which I won't go
into detail about. But the sad reality is that I just can't seem to
summon the will or the interest or what have you to do what should be done.

I can monitor the status generally and when a problem does show up I can
often find enough interest in it to fix or provide feedback about the
problem but not always in a very timely manner.

I wish I could fix the situation on my own, but it has gone on long
enough now that it is just not realistic to expect that to happen. I
wish someone would appear who has an interest in the entirety of the
status of the Squeak online services. If such a person would appear I
think I would be able to work with them to get up to speed on the status
and plan and perhaps even their interest would increase my own. But so
far it seems like the best we can do is people who have an interest in
individual parts of the system. Ultimately you need at least one person
who does care about the complete set of services and has some high level
ability to monitor and diagnose issues that appear related to them.

I wish I had a solution and I'm sorry about my own failings in this
regard. I just don't know what I can do about it at this point.