[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] squeaksource down?

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Dec 21 21:06:20 UTC 2014

The problem was that an error occured, so Seaside was trying to send an
email about it. But generating the stack trace for the email resulted in
another error. This recursively triggered another attempt to create an
email. The runaway process consumed 850MB of memory, and did not trigger
the low space watcher, probably because it was a low priority (30) process
(probably a Seaside request handler).
Someone who's more familiar with Seaside should fix this issue. There may
even be a patch for this in the official repository.

To fix the problem, I downloaded the image, terminated the runaway
process, saved it as a new version, and uploaded it. Then I stopped the
service, modified it to use the new image, and restarted it.
I assume this has no side effects, but it would be great if someone more
familiar with the image could take a look.

Levente