[Box-Admins] squeak.org has expired

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Feb 8 14:25:11 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 11:17:22AM +0100, G?ran Krampe wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> On 02/07/2014 07:46 PM, G?ran Krampe wrote:
> >Hey!
> >
> >On 02/07/2014 05:09 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >>I called Network Solutions at 877.628.8686 and spoke with Deleen, who was
> >>kind enough to grant a 15 day service extension for SQUEAK.ORG. The
> >>domain
> >>names should come back on line in a couple of hours or so.
> >>
> >>I was not able to make payment on the account because Network Solutions
> >>requires that either Dan Ingalls or Goran Krampe contact them to confirm
> >>that this is a legitimate web site.
>
> Ok, so I got into our account on their website. But now it seems the
> domain has been renewed? It says expiry 2017. Dan, did you pay?

Hi G?ran,

Thanks so much for following up on this. Yes, Dan did step in and renew
the domain for a three year period:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/box-admins/2014-February/001712.html

Sorry I did not notice you were not on the cc list.

Dan also indicated (separate email) that he would be happy to have someone
else take over the responsibility for this (presumably in addition to you).
So I think we need to figure out who that should be and take care of it
for the future. Tim suggested linking it to the SFC, so maybe that is a good
approach.

Thanks again G?ran,