[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Seaside] SqueakSource/Seaside question - has anyone seen this problem before?

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Tue Jan 14 21:09:09 UTC 2014

On 14.01.2014, at 17:02, Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hm, I thought Tobias meant "run source.squeak.org's image with SS3
>> code" rather than "move source.squeak.org's code to the SS3 servers".
>
> Porting SS3 from GemStone to Squeak would probably be harder than just
> upgrading the existing code.

Have you actually looked at SS3?
I develop SS3 in Squeak (and pharo and gemstone)
and it always runs on Squeak (as long as Seaside does, for that matter).

Installer squeaksource
   project: 'MetacelloRepository';
   install: 'ConfigurationOfSqueakSource'.

((Smalltalk classNamed: #'ConfigurationOfSqueakSource') project version: #bleedingEdge) load: 'All'.
"
 Or without tests:
((Smalltalk classNamed: #'ConfigurationOfSqueakSource') project version: #bleedingEdge) load: 'Full'.
"

Have an image, see for yourself:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14917452/SS3.zip
http://localhost:8080/installSS

You know, SS3 is one of the two only reasons I have made the
Squeak/Seaside all-in-one images. It is as if nobody cared about
seaside in the squeak world anymore.
It actually upsets me a little bit.

> Neither activity has what it needs though -- someone with enough time
> and will to do it.

Best
	-Tobias