[Box-Admins] Squeak.org nameserver stuff

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jan 29 14:12:01 UTC 2016

On 29.01.2016, at 08:52, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 29.01.2016, at 05:22, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 29 Jan 2016, Tobias Pape wrote:
>>>
>>> People have expressed interest in that, and I went forth and
>>
>> Who?
>
> - Fabio, who did this exact thing to his website.
> - Marcel
> - Bert
> - Craig also seemed to like it.

I don’t think “express interest” is the same as “let’s do it” but more like “let’s discuss” ;)

In general, I think it’s preferable to reduce our admin load, and if something can be easily managed by someone else that’s a good thing. So if by using cloudflare we get https for free that’s a good thing, provided there are no significant downsides (which we need to discuss).

However, IIUC cloudflare would not really work to accelerate our downloads since .zip files are not cached?

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200172516-What-file-extensions-does-CloudFlare-cache-for-static-content-

Or did I misunderstand?

- Bert -