[Box-Admins] Someone has registered on squeaksource.com with a wide character in their name

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jun 28 17:02:19 UTC 2016

Thanks Levente,

I will fix it as soon as I am able, but I may not have VNC access until
tomorrow.

For information in case anyone needs it - There is a readme file in the
home directory for ssdotcom that should explain how to connect to the
image. The procedure is to send a SIGUSR2 to the VM process, then connect
with VNC within the next 60 seconds. The VNC password should be in the
readme file. Once into the image, there should be a workspace showing how
I did the fix previously. The fix is to replace the WideString user name
with a ByteString in the repository. I usually just hunt down the user's
name with google and try to guess at a plausible looking ByteString
replacement for the user's real name.

Dave