[Box-Admins] source.squeak.org move to Rackspace

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 21:37:40 UTC 2016

After making some adjustments to have a configurable run directory, the new
server for source.squeak.org is now up and running on andreas on port
8080.  The RFB port is listening on 5901.

It came right up the first time, correctly performed its recovery routine,
and I was able to connect through a ssh tunnel to its RFB port, and
interact with the image.  I was able to interact with its webserver through
an ssh tunnel to its webPort and interact with the web app.  I tested
graceful daemontools shutdown and restart.  Logging through the multilog
utility appears to be working.  All looks well.

======= assistance needed here =======
However, I need to import the latest data.obj from production one more
time.  To do that, I need to get into the image to export it first, but
cannot seem to get it to come up.  I thought I've done it before, but for
whatever reason, just can't get it to work.  My steps are:

   "log in with X forwarding, right?"
   ssh -X chrismuller at box4.squeak.org

   "start vnc server as specified in
/srv/box2/home/squeaksource/service/run"
   tightvncserver :2

   "verify $VNCDISPLAY will be assigned, simply '2' (without quotes)."
   ps x -u squeaksource -ocmd | grep '^Xtightvnc :' | sed 's/.*://;s/ .*//'
                    "2"

   "okay, kill existing process to force a restart"
   kill <pid>                                                     "kill
existing process to force restart"

   "No window appears. ps still reports a new pid, but still as -vm
display=none"
   1006     15721  4564  4 22:59 ?        00:01:51
/usr/local/lib/squeak/3.11.3-2135/squeakvm -vm-display-none
/home/squeaksource/Squeak3.11-8824-SS.image

If no one knows how to do this I suppose I can download the image and
changes files to my local computer and get it that way..