[Box-Admins] Mailing list problems

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Wed Mar 8 16:49:36 UTC 2017

Is there a way to tell mailman to rewrite the From header and use its own
domain there?
E.g. foobar at yahoo.com => foobar_at_yahoo_com at lists.squeakfoundation.org

Yes, there is, provided we use 2.1.16 or newer (preferably 2.1.18):

"
Implemented now for release in 2.1.18 are the following:

     The from_is_list feature from 2.1.16 is always available, but it is not recommended. Use dmarc_moderation_action instead.
     There are new settings in Privacy options - Sender filters:
         dmarc_moderation_action is a five valued setting with values
             Accept - accept the post without rewriting From: or wrapping the message
             Munge From - rewrite the From: and Reply-To: as in from_is_list
             Wrap Message - wrap the message as in from_is_list
             Reject - reject the post
             Discard - Discard the post
         dmarc_moderation_notice is a custom reject message to replace the default Reject message.
" - https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC

Levente