Antwort: [Cryptography Team] Repository Locations

Hans-Martin Mosner Hans-Martin.Mosner at gefa.de
Fri Oct 21 14:27:27 CEST 2005

Hi Ron,
I've created a SqueakSource account, so you could add me to the developers
list now.

Regarding the OpenPGP stuff:
My current code includes implementations for DES, 3DES and CAST5 ciphers.
If there is an agreed-upon API for ciphers within our framework, I would
like to implement that API for these and publish them over the weekend.
Yesterday I have found the original Squeak implementation from which
Magnus started, and I have merged some of the stuff I built in VW back
into this Squeak version, so it does not looks like it's a complete mess
after all...

I'm unsure where the code should be placed with respect to the other
crypto stuff.
Should this be distributed among the -Base, -Ciphers and -Protocols
SqueakSource projects, or should it have its own project?
I suppose the PGP packet classes would fall under the -Protocols project,
right?
As I'm not really fluent with MC and SM, I will probably need some more
advice on where to place things, and how to split them....

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

(I'm sending this from my mail account at a customer's site. Please answer
to my standard account or (preferrably) the mailing list)