[Cryptography Team] How many repositories does it take to screw ina lightbulb?

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Fri Oct 21 21:31:04 CEST 2005

Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

>Cees,
>
>Well yes there is a reason; there is a huge amount of work and code that is
>completely unnecessary for some applications.  Do I really need all the code
>if I just want to hash a string?  Of course it's possible that I'm missing
>something about how to use Monticello.  Please let me know before we go
>along too far.

Folks,
perhaps there is some misconception about the role of projects and packages.
We surely want to separate stuff into packages (I would advocate even
more separation, for example let each encryption or digest algorithm
have its own package).
But as Cees pointed out, we don't really need to have more than one
project/repository unless there's a need for different access rights to
different parts, but I don't see that.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin