[Cryptography Team] DES status?

Robert Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 15:38:12 CEST 2005

On Oct 23, 2005, at 5:11 AM, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I noticed that Cryptography-DES has no non-primitive version. Since
> the primitive is not in my current VM, I can't test it.
>

> Would you mind if I modify the DES code to fall back to the
> non-primitive implementation which I wrote for OpenPGP?

I was missing a non-primitive DES implementation, once upon a time.
You can find the DES plugins for Windows and Linux here (
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2410 ).  No luck with the Mac
plugin, which is why I can't squeak on my t-book.  :`-(

Did you have to implement asn.1 for your OpenPGP implementation?  I'll
vote yes for moving that test case.

cheers,
Robert