[Cryptography Team] some more repository things

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Sun Oct 23 21:57:07 CEST 2005

Drat, I just realized I forgot the extensions.  I'll do those too..

> > CryptographyBase now has "Core", "Support" and "Tests" categories.
> >
> So that's CryptographyBase-Core? Or what? What's the difference
> between Core and Support?
> Why not Cryptograhy-Base/Core, etcetera?

Not sure, I was just following Hans-Martins' lead.  The classes in this
category did not previously have a category, i.e., with just "CryptographyBase"
it ends up being ill-equipped for the package-browsers, which only show those
classes if no category is selected.  That should probably be fixed (to show "as
yet unclassified" like uncategorized methods), but we want some category
anyway.  We can certainly consider putting them in with Support if we want..

> > Algorithms are in Cryptography.  Seems like Base be added as a dependent
> for
> > these guys..?
> >
> Sure, sounds logical. It'd be nice if people could just load the
> algorithm they need from a MC rep, in addition probably to a full
> package that contains everything and is published on SqueakMap,
> etcetera.

Well, we don't have that right now; alll algorithms are currently in
"Cryptography".

 - Chris