[Cryptography Team] DES status?

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Mon Oct 24 00:18:00 CEST 2005

Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

>... In general I would say that every method that has a primitive call, (unless
>it would be totally impossible because of time limitations) should have a
>fall back method written.

Good, that's exactly my POV, and it's very much in spirit with the
original Smalltalk-80 primitive concept (they distinguished between
essential and non-essential primitives, with Smalltalk fallback code for
the latter ones).

>  So yes I would say you should write the DES code.

Ok, it will take some time since my representation is currently
Integer-based and not ByteArray-based, but it should be done within this
week. I will look at the other primitives, too.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin