export regulations (was: [Cryptography Team] msh-crypto design andtests)

Sean Glazier sglazier at comcast.net
Fri Oct 28 04:22:54 CEST 2005

All the algorithms we have used have been made public and there are
implementations all over the internet. I do believe we talked with Cincom
legal a while back and they said don't worry about them so I didn't give it
another thought. And I do think they mean what that says so if you develop
something that uses weak key you got to tell them. I guess so they can snoop
on the fools using it. Trying to control crypto libraries is like trying to
un ring a bell after it has gone off. According to the check list
http://www.bis.doc.gov/encryption/ChecklistInstr.htm your are only required
to do so if it is using weak keys. I am sure that is a typo. In any case
Cincom legal should take a look at our stuff again and the law.

Sean