[Cryptography Team] Hash function properties

scal rahotguy scalrahotguy at gmail.com
Wed May 3 17:16:39 UTC 2006

On 5/3/06, Ron Teitelbaum <Ron at usmedrec.com> wrote:

>  Hi Scal,
>

> Can you give us some background of what you are doing?  Is this a school
> assignment?

yes. it is.

  If it is then maybe you could give us an idea of what you do understand
> and what you do not, so that we can help either with a discussion or
> suggestions for other reference material.

yes. certainly for example in (b). I do not think I understood the question.
Eve knows the hash function and I also assumed she also knows the private
key of  Bob. How can anybody knows once she sends a message with Bob's
signature? How can hash funtion's property help here? Can somebody throw
light here?

thanks
Akhil

  Ron Teitelbaum