[Cryptography Team] Re: [ANN] Working SSL In Squeak

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Thu Oct 12 05:59:45 UTC 2006

Bill Schwab schrieb:

> Just to clarify, is this a discussion regarding where a plugin or DLL
> belongs, or regarding whether we need one at all?

I think both:
1. We need a primitive - the Smalltalk code is too slow to be usable.
2. It should be in the base VM because it should be easy to access,
without downloading, compiling, installing etc. That was the point in
making the Smalltalk implementation compatible to the plugin, so that we
could use it in cases where the plugin is not available. But if the
plugin is built-in, that point becomes moot.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin