[Cryptography Team] Common Criteria Documentation...

Kyle Hamilton aerowolf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 00:07:45 UTC 2006

I've updated it with my comments.

Since the system is written in itself (and runs inside itself), there
are several things in the PP that require redesigning very large parts
of the system.  We need at least one VM hacker on this list to
evaluate the feasability of some of the needed changes.

Note: The current wiki system is probably not going to be sufficient
for long-term usage.  Part of the EAL that we need to meet includes
positive authorized user identification for all changes to the
configuration... and since documentation (and an audit trail and
history) will be a major part of proving our case to the assurance
labs, I'm thinking that we should treat it as part of the
configuration.  We'll need individual usernames and passwords for the
modifications until we get X.509/PKI up and running, then we'll
possibly be able to use PK crypto certificates for authentication.

I'll leave it up to Krishna to determine the actual policy and
implementation, since he's got formal validation experience.  I just
know what I've read in the CC PDFs and the single-layer OS/moderate
environment document, and I'm interpreting it in the most secure (and
most trust-pessimistic) manner that I can.

Here's hoping that we get at least one validation out of this in the end. :)

-Kyle H

-Kyle H