[Cryptography Team] Re:

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Sat May 5 20:26:30 UTC 2007

Hi Rob,

Robert Withers schrieb:
> Hey Hans,
>
> I just read the OpenPGP spec and browsed your code.  You are close to
> processing packets!  Are you still developing this package?  Let's
> revive it.
Well I haven't been doing anything on it for quite some time. I think
the code is mostly able to read public and private key files. I never
decided on a good abstraction for reading and writing encrypted files,
though, so that part would need some design work.

> I recently finished implementing SMIME, although it has yet to be
> integrated with Celeste.  I think it's possible to have both SMIME and
> OpenPGP support in Celeste, when we get around to it.
>
> What do you think?

That would be a very good idea. My main motivation for OpenPGP was that
it could be used in code signing (back when I tinkered with my
distributed code repository stuff) but its use in a mail client is
definitely a good goal.

Do you happen to have an idea for a good abstraction for
encrypted/signed files and streams?

Cheers,
Hans-Martin