[Cryptography Team] bcrypt password hashing

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 22:49:01 UTC 2011

> Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
> Fri Apr 22 20:11:18 UTC 2011

> Really a coincidence because just TODAY I started implementing
> Blowfish in Squeak (Is on my
> todo list from years). I'm only starting and deciding somethings about
> implementation, but
> if all go well I will relese it as MIT.
>
> My sources of examples and info are:
>
> - The examples in other languages in the site of Bruce Schneier;
> - The visual works implementation and
> - A PHP implementation I found in snipplr.
>
> My idea, in addition to implementing, is develop (just for
> training/fun) some UI to play with it.
>
> Let me know if I can help.
>
> Cheers.

Oh yes I'm sure you can definitely help.  I'll send you what I have now
off-list.  Or maybe it'd be better to put it up on squeaksource. As you
are already an admin on the Cryptography pacakge how about I send you
what I have and we go from there?

What I have does not work.  But in the past 30 minutes I just learned
about modular addition and WordArrays so maybe things are looking up.

Also I'm not sure but I've been looking at the reference version (in
Java) from Schneier's website and I think that there are some
differences between it and the OpenBSD version I linked to earlier.

Thanks and I'm glad for the coincidence.

Paul