[Cryptography Team] modernizing Cryptography

Robert robert.withers at protonmail.com
Fri Jun 21 22:03:30 UTC 2019

Hi Ron! Yes, I am happy! I am getting ready to take the New Rider Course at my local Harley-Davidson. Planning to buy one... My dog Angel is a true blessing and feels me whatever I may feel. I just bought a 4WD Pathfinder a month ago and she drives real solid. I have my plans and spreadsheets with its inherent multi-objective financial solutions. Would be good to see what ML & AI can say about offering a union of multi-solutions.

Here is the link to my newest efforts, PAPAS [1], especially the concurrent protocol version support. Am adapting SSL and SSH to ride on the ThunkStack. Ron, what has driven me to request a renewed effort to modernize, is the future. In particular, Signal support and TLS 1.3 I wish to develop. As I am loving the state machine solution, various negotiations can select the correct DH, Hash and encryptiion cipher. As a result, I have no immediate need for them. And I have to prioritize my protocol analyzer and selector.

I am not sure why I am so dedicated to using our Cryptography repository, but I am. Part of the attraction is that any new chip running Squeak will have working Crypto, in the absence of a Linux boot. I realize that that may be a minuscule option. But still, we spend many hours developing it and I love the reaction people have to learning about Cryptography in Squeak AND Pharo.  I like very much to use it!

The work I am considering in building PAPAS, is the morphism of the ThunkStack to support different protocols. It could be done in Java, yet  want to build the initial naming service and bridging service in Squeak/Pharo. I greatly appreciate any further contributions folks may like to contribute. Thanks to all!

Kindly,
Robert

[1] PAPAS – Redesigning ParrotTalk as an Automated Protocol Analyzer & Selector… - http://callistohouse.club/index.php/2019/06/08/redesigning-parrottalk-for-automated-protocol-selection/