[Elections] Election Team Kickoff

Peter Crowther Peter at ozzard.org
Wed Nov 30 23:19:31 CET 2005

> From: [...] Brent Vukmer
> If one of the current coordinators stepped down in
> January, how do you think we should go about building
> a list of candidates, and choosing one?

Candidates require at least the following attributes:

- Willing to stand for co-ordinator;

- Have the trust of the other co-ordinators, at least sufficiently to be
approved if elected;

- Have the trust of the Squeak community, at least sufficiently to keep
the co-ordinators as a whole trusted by the community.

Nice-to-haves include:

- Willing to put the effort in once elected;

- Know something about Squeak.

Given that gaps in the ranks can happen relatively quickly, given how
mercurial some folks on the list can be, the Team should probably have
some candidates that it has already sounded out: would they be willing
to stand, and would the co-ordinators be willing to accept them?  I'd
suggest keeping two people as 'reserves' - this is a secondary activity
for almost everyone, so one might be unavailable at a crucial time.

> I'd like to hear your thoughts about what we might use from the Debian
and Apache governance methods.

I'm far less familiar with these than I should be.  Anyone got some
pointers to documents?

		- Peter, de-lurking