[Elections] Checking in / next steps

Brent Vukmer brent.vukmer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:43:17 CET 2006

Hello folks.  I apologize for being silent so long.  I think I overdid
my traditional Christmas celebration/hibernation... :)

Thanks Lex, Daniel, Peter, Ken and Cees for your discussion. I'd like
to hear from Benjamin and Masashi, too.  I will post a longer email
(probably sometime tonight EST) with my thoughts about the upcoming
election.  (In preparation for that, I'm re-reading the elections
posts so far.)

Here are some initial thoughts about our short-term priorities, in
which I realize I'm stating the obvious :).   The immediate priority
for this team is the upcoming election in February.  We need to come
up with a list of candidates and a means for choosing the candidates,
and then we need to actually run the election.

I am very strongly biased towards using a low-tech solution to

I would prefer that we spend a minimum of time in the short-term on
tool-building and reputation-system algorithm analysis.

I've skimmed the various suggestions (SqP, Condorcet, Agora, wiki) In
the short term, I prefer that we err on the side of simplicity, and
focus on "social engineering" rather than building tools.