[Elections] A simple SqF board elections solution using SqP

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at techunix.technion.ac.il
Sun Jan 15 21:46:45 CET 2006

 From what I've seen, Condorcet (possibly with one of the extra rules
such as Schultze) is the most convincing tallying algorithm, so I don't
think there's a reason to change the specs. If you're proposing to
implement the system, and Condorcet seems to complex at the moment,
implement any other tallying algorithm for a start, that uses the same
vote format (the voter provides a preference order on the alternatives)
and we can replace it in the next iteration, possibly by running one of
the free software implementations via OSProcess, or whatever.

Peter is willing to help, but my understanding is he can't commit the
time to lead the implementation effort. Cees, can you explain exactly
what relevant code you have available, and what part you want to take in
the implementation?

Daniel