[Elections] A simple SqF board elections solution using SqP

Masashi Umezawa umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp
Wed Jan 11 16:45:30 CET 2006

Hi,

Daniel Vainsencher <daniel.vainsencher at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope this message wraps up the current discussions:
> 1. There seems to be wide spread consensus on how the voting itself
> should occur, which is summarized in the requirements page at
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5835
> So as far as I can tell, there is not reason implementation for that
> should not proceed.
> 2. The only objection to using SqP as a basis for the voters list was
> Lex, and at least Ken, Peter and I think this is a reasonable basis. I
> think it is close enough to consensus.
>
> So I think that the voting system as described in the link above, is
> reasonably well accepted, if someone has objections, make them heard.

This is not an objection, but I'll put down some status in Japan here.

I think it is reasonable to use SqP list for voters. However, most
of Japanese Squeakers do not see the SqP site so often, because of the
language barriers. They simply prefer Squeak-ja mailing list.

Voting should be open to everyone, so I think it is important to achieve
some user-friendliness in registration.

I would like to do translation/m17n work for the new voting system. (whether
it is high or low-tech).

Regards,
---
[:masashi | ^umezawa]