[Elections] FW: Squeak Foundation Election 2007 update

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Sat Mar 3 20:07:34 UTC 2007

All,

We are still unable to retrieve a listing of emails from squeak people.
It’s our own fault since nobody made arrangements to get this done.

Here are the details of the election once we get started.

Our candidates are:

Andrew P. Black [black at cs.pdx.edu]
Todd Blanchard [tblanchard at mac.com]
Giovanni Corriga [giovanni at corriga.net]
Cees de Groot [cdegroot at gmail.com]
Stéphane Ducasse [stephane.ducasse at univ-savoie.fr]
Tansel Ersavas [tansel at squeakonline.com]
Bert Freudenberg [bert at freudenbergs.de]
Brad Fuller [brad at bradfuller.com]
Keith Hodges [keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk]
Craig Latta [craig at netjam.org]
Yoshiki Ohshima [yoshiki at squeakland.org]
Tim Rowledge [tim at rowledge.org]

Text:

Please vote on the election *Squeak Foundation Board Elections 2007*.

The 7 highest rated candidates from the list will comprise the Squeak
Foundation Board starting from the end of voting, and for a year. Remember
that your vote is considered as a ranking of all candidates. The virtual
candidate "None Of The Above" should only be ranked over candidates that you
would prefer not to see in the Board at all. Some of the candidates have
posted information about themselves and their candidacy on the squeak-dev
list or other places. The official 2007 elections site includes some
information, and is at: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5920

Only the 7 favorite choices will win the election.

We decided that we will:

Present choices on voting page in exactly the given order.

The Condorcet completion rule:  CIVS Ranked Pairs

We also decided to allow the completion of a full third day before the
election ends.

If we do not receive the emails from squeak people today we will announce a
delay in voting on squeak-dev.

We also decided to favor election openness to masking the results of NOTA.
This means that everyone that participates in the elections will be able to
view the full results.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please let me know.

If anyone has access to squeakPeople please let me know that too.

Thanks,

Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak Elections Team Member