trying to see Exupery in action

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Fri Oct 6 02:38:07 UTC 2006

Hi, I would like to see some indication of Squeak going faster with Exupery under Windows.  I folllowed the instructions at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3945.

    - downloaded the Windows VM and replaced my squeak.exe.  F2 | Version Information reports "Squeak 3.7.1 (release) from Sep 18 2006".  Is this right?
    - I then installed Exupery-wbk.206 from SqueakMap.  Then ran the ExuperyStoryTests.  All but two passed.
    - Still, I was eager so I did "0 tinyBenchmarks".  Unfortunately I got the same #'s I got with another image without Exupery.  I tried it a couple of times.
    - I then loaded the Exupery from SqueakMap and reran the tests.  Same two failed.  Ah, I need CommandShell and GraphViz loaded!
    - So I loaded CommandShell to try making those other tests pass.  (When it reached that test it gave a bunch of errors saying it was going to stdout (looked like a mixed Unix/Windows filename), oh well).

I didn't install GraphViz, I just don't think this is the problem; I am sure I am doing something else wrong.

Any suggestions are appreciated..

 - Chris